lichess.org
Donate

2200 finaly acheived. But, how come I am only 1800 blitz?

So... I have been playing chess for about 40 years. I have played in NYC and online for 20 years.
Always chasing the elusive 2200 rating.

This is a new account for me and I tried to play in a bullet tourney but was denied. Apparently I have not played any bullet games yet?
Recently I went to full open source OS and had Ubuntu on my laptop. The laptop was new to me and I had broken my mouse so off to the Dollar General I went. They had only one mouse left and it was a gaming mouse- for $8.
Turns out to be a better deal then I initially thought.
Together with a better OS, laptop and mouse, I played a bullet game.

After 8 games I am 2200!
I retire from bullet chess on this account.
however, you have 300 games in blitz(almost), the more games you play, the more secure your rating is
On this account I am 1800. On my main account I am over 2000 in blitz and rapid. I almost cracked 2200 in blitz there.
I have beaten 2500s in bullet on the other account. Including an IM.
@KevinKingslayer said in #1:
> So... I have been playing chess for about 40 years. I have played in NYC and online for 20 years.
> Always chasing the elusive 2200 rating.
>
> This is a new account for me and I tried to play in a bullet tourney but was denied. Apparently I have not played any bullet games yet?
> Recently I went to full open source OS and had Ubuntu on my laptop. The laptop was new to me and I had broken my mouse so off to the Dollar General I went. They had only one mouse left and it was a gaming mouse- for $8.
> Turns out to be a better deal then I initially thought.
> Together with a better OS, laptop and mouse, I played a bullet game.
>
> After 8 games I am 2200!
> I retire from bullet chess on this account.
Did you notice your rating is 2225? (The question mark beside your rating means. that it can't be trusted ;)
Plus, your rd=131.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glicko_rating_system
(It also says about glicko2 which is more accurate than Glicko)
Basically if you have a rating after 8 games you might not be 2200 at all. 2200? is different to 2200.
If this was a joke, then it wasn't very funny. What's the idea?
<Comment deleted by user>
@KevinKingslayer said in #7:
> So look up: Sense of humor.
> You seem to lack one.
I'm terribly sorry to inform you, but my joke-o-meter detected no joke within the surface area of this forum.

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.